We offer FREE USPS shipping on all US orders!
« | »
As you may have heard, we’re currently offering free shipping to most of the countries we can ship to, so we should be busier than we would be on a typical Thursday in July…. and yet this morning an assortment of technical difficulties very nearly made our work impossible!
Our phones were down, our internet was turning on an off, and our morning orders couldn’t be assembled because we didn’t have access to the systems we needed to deal with them! Since many of our jobs are internet-based, we were even starting to get bored — so what did we do? Well, first we played a board game! That’s right, we had some fun with a homemade, neon version of a classic party game, then picked some matching socks and took photos of the game play!
By the time that fun was over, we thought for sure we’d be able to put together some socks orders….. but we were wrong! Morale was dropping quickly, so Brenna suggested we stage an emergency petticoat intervention, in which we put on all of the petticoats that we keep on hand for photoshoots. Flouncing and fluff is always good for morale! And since there were more petticoats than Dreamers this morning, some of us had so much foofiness going on that even Scarlett O’Hara would have been green with envy!
By now our phones are back up, our internet is behaving itself, and all of the socks have been pulled and packaged, so fear not! All of your orders shipped out today! Just know that they were packaged with even more glee and love than usual.
Like many of you, we sometimes feel the strain of a never-ending array of new sites to participate in. But Pinterest has caught our eye, it is full of pretty pictures and inspiration… so we’ve dipped our toes into their pool and are having fun, not only adding pictures of our favorite socks, but also shots of our critters, stuff we no longer carry, people we miss, comparison shots, some of our fun invoice drawings and, of course, things that simply inspire us. This is just the beginning… Do you Pinterest?
Friday, October 22 · 6pm – 8pm
Sock Dreams Sellwood Shoppe
8005 SE 13th Ave Portland, OR
Why? …Last year was a great success and this year it’s looking even better! We’ll have music, singing pirates from PDX Yar, theatrical entertainment, face painting, and Style Ink will be there to do wild makeup and hair for guests. Like last year, the main event is the costume contest where you can win up to a $100 Sock Dreams gift certificate.
* Register your costume at the event on 10/22/10 from 6p – 7:30p. …Kids under 13 must have permission from a legal guardian to participate.
* When you register we’ll take a photo and from these the Sock Dreams staff will choose their favorite costume and declare the winner at 8pm 10/22/10.
* 1st place winner will receive a $100 Sock Dreams Gift Certificate. 2nd place winner will receive a $50 Sock Dreams Gift Certificate. 3rd place winner will receive a $25 Sock Dreams Gift Certificate. Contestants must be present to win.
* Judges will provide more weight to costumes featuring sock and/or sock accessories
* Costumes must be self contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
* It’s a family costume contest. Keep it fun and PG-Rated.
« | »