We offer FREE USPS shipping on all US orders!
This weekend we’ll be joining you proud otaku at our local anime convention, KumoriCon.
Kumori (雲) is Japanese for ‘Cloud’, and we get a lot of cloudy weather here in Portland! Already the days have started to turn grayer, but that doesn’t have to be a cause for despair. We’re fond of our cloudy Oregon weather, and we’ve got some lovely styles to get you in the mood. If you’re not up for full Cosplay this weekend, don some cloudy designs instead!
We’ll be bring our new stickers, designed with this year’s Con colors in mind.
We’ll be doing another gift card giveaway at our booth! Each day of the event (Saturday/Sunday/ Monday), the first six people to say the magic words at our booth will get a FREE Sock Dreams gift card! The amount on the card could be $5, or $10, or even $20– it’ll be a surprise! There will be new magic words each day, so be sure to check back here.
August 19th, 2013
As most of you Socks Dreams fans may or may not know, we are a big supporter of local charities and events. But we always find it doubly rewarding to be able to be an active participant in raising money and awareness for a great cause.This Saturday, August 24th, from 12-3pm, we will be hosting a fundraising event for a wonderful shelter called Family Dogs New Life, at our brick and mortar store.
A few of the dogs who work at Socks Dreams are rescue or shelter dogs, so we decided that we wanted to support a local animal shelter that cared about matching their animals with the right people. We did some research and found Family Dogs New Life just down the way from our own neighborhood.
Hefner, a four-year old Pit Bull Terrier
Photo provided by Family Dogs New Life Shelter
We had the opportunity to visit the shelter to take a look at the facilities, meet the operators, and see some cute dogs! We were impressed with the warmth and dedication of the volunteers who keep up the daily operations. They run a tight ship, with the safety and comfort of their dogs as the first priority. Like any non-profit animal rescue, it takes a lot of time, money, and love to run, and we are so very pleased to lend a paw!
If you would like to help out Family Dogs New Life too, you can sponsor them, from anywhere in the country at their web site
If you live in the Portland area, come by our shop and see these two beautiful dogs, Hefner and Stella, that are available for adoption!
Bella, a three-year old Pit Bull Terrier mix
Photo provided by Family Dogs New Life Shelter
Regardless of whether is with your time or your money, we encourage all of our fans to support a local cause that is dear to your heart. Be it animals, kids, or just someone who needs a leg up; helping others is the most rewarding.
Sock Dreamers are a dedicated bunch! People often work here for many years and learn many different positions in the sock world. From time to time, however, someone will leave us to follow their own dreams in the wide, wild world. That’s when we get to hire brand new Sock Dreamers, which we have just had the pleasure of doing!
One of the rites of passage for any new Dreamer is learning to fold socks. All of our house-brand Dream Stockings and Dreamer Socks have a different kind of fold, and it’s important for new employees to learn them all.
The end product is described by our Stock Room manager and resident blogstress, the loverly Miss Brenna, as a “sock brick”: no loose ends popping out, heel and toes tucked into the folds, with a pleasing aesthetic in every pair.
Class was conducted today for our new Dreamers. A variety of different socks were paraded through our Project Room, with labels, bits of yarn, and tagging guns to boot– all for the purposes of beginning to learn the product in a hands-on way!
Every year in July, in the woods of Mt. Pisgah, the Fae family gathers to celebrate magic, music, and the culture of imagination. This weekend from July 26th-28th, Sock Dreams will be in the midst of fire twirling, belly dancing, yummy food, breweries, bands, pirates, faeries, pixies, and sprites– selling socks and giving out stickers! This is Sock Dreams’ second time at Faerieworlds; we vended for their very first year, and we can’t wait to see how far they’ve come.
Faeries come in many shapes and temperaments, from the celestial to the sinister, and we’ve got socks and stockings for them all! Our Dream Stocking M Stripes will feature predominately in our stock for this event, because of the variety of colors the stripes come in, the variety of sizes they fit, and with our event discount, these fantastic stripes are a great price.
Since the event is no doubt going to be a color feast for the eyes, we’re also bringing our brand new Tie Dyed Ripple OTKs to add our own splash, as well as several other tie dyed delights, all hand dyed by Love Lite Precision Tie Dye!
We’ll also be doing another gift card giveaway at our booth. Each day of the event (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), the first six people to say the magic words at our booth will get a FREE Sock Dreams gift card! The amount on the card could be $5, or $10, or even $20– it’ll be a surprise! There will be new magic words each day, so be sure to check back here.
Sunday’s magic words are Queen Mab.
Our booth number is D04; it’ll be the one with a pirate handing out Sock Dreams stickers. So if you are in the realm of the Fae this weekend, stop by our booth!
And now, a special message from our shipping team!
We at Sock Dreams send a lot of warm, comfy, snuggly socks across the globe each year. The majority of those packages find their welcoming homes with no problems. Unfortunately, some packages fall through the cracks and acquire what we call “Delivery Errors”. Most of these are easily remedied, as the packages are returned to us marked with clues as to what went wrong. However, some packages with “Delivery Errors” suffer the dreaded fate of having been “Delivered” according to their tracking information, and yet are unreceived by the addressee. What little we can do for these packages lessens with the passage of time, which is why we are announcing a change in policy.
Starting today, all requests for reimbursement for lost or stolen parcels MUST be made within 60 days of the shipment date. Furthermore, we can no longer be held responsible for replacing or refunding domestic orders that have “Delivery Errors” unless either Signature Confirmation or Insurance were added during checkout.
Confirmation emails with tracking numbers are sent out automatically with every processed order; packages can then be tracked at www.USPS.com. If you find distressing or erroneous updates as you track the progress of your order*, please contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling our toll-free customer service number: 888.717.6257
* Note that Standard International shipping does not include tracking service, but may receive sporadic updates. Please be patient if you select this option!
Some ways to reduce the chances of your order having “Delivery Errors” are:
- Double-checking addresses, both shipping and email
- We have seen many weird addresses come through our system, and we have found that the number-one culprit is a browser’s auto-complete function, which may replace what you’ve just written with something else entirely.
- If there is an error in the email address connected to your order, then the confirmation email with your tracking number will not be received.
- Making sure the addressee on a package is currently connected to the shipping address.
- This is usually only an issue when dealing with apartment complexes, as the addressee may not be reflected on the door buzzer, mailbox, or lease. This can easily be cleared up with the inclusion of a “C/O John Doe” in the address, where John Doe is a known resident. We also see this issue before, during, or after a move, when mail forwarding can interfere with delivery.
- Including a message for the mail carrier in the “order notes” section of checkout
- Do you have the perfect space for a package to be left where prying eyes will not see? Would you rather have your package left with a mail room, front office, or neighbor? We can include your brief notes with special instructions for the mail carrier on your order’s shipping label.
- Adding Signature Confirmation and/or Insurance
- We love being able to offer a Free Shipping option for our U.S. customers, but it is not always the most reliable method of delivery! You may have noticed two new options on the shipping selection page during checkout: Signature Confirmation and Insurance. Either option greatly reduces the risk of your order’s loss to “Delivery Errors”. While they do require some minor additional payment, combining both options is usually still cheaper than standard domestic shipping costs and provides peace of mind for your shipment.
As always, if you have any questions about this change in policy or anything else, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help!