We offer FREE USPS shipping on all US orders!
« | Newer Entries »
with Halloween just a few days away we ask that you select 2 day
shipping to be sure your order arrives by Friday or Saturday.*
If you are in Portland you can pick your order up at our warehouse by the Ross Island Bridge or at our shop in Sellwood (better yet, go shop there in person!)…. just include a note with your order if you want to pick it up and we’ll give you a call when it is ready!
*That is if you are in the US, if you are ordering internationally it is too late to get your goods from us, we would be lucky to get them to your border on time, let alone through customs.
Friday, October 22 · 6pm – 8pm
Sock Dreams Sellwood Shoppe
8005 SE 13th Ave Portland, OR
Why? …Last year was a great success and this year it’s looking even better! We’ll have music, singing pirates from PDX Yar, theatrical entertainment, face painting, and Style Ink will be there to do wild makeup and hair for guests. Like last year, the main event is the costume contest where you can win up to a $100 Sock Dreams gift certificate.
* Register your costume at the event on 10/22/10 from 6p – 7:30p. …Kids under 13 must have permission from a legal guardian to participate.
* When you register we’ll take a photo and from these the Sock Dreams staff will choose their favorite costume and declare the winner at 8pm 10/22/10.
* 1st place winner will receive a $100 Sock Dreams Gift Certificate. 2nd place winner will receive a $50 Sock Dreams Gift Certificate. 3rd place winner will receive a $25 Sock Dreams Gift Certificate. Contestants must be present to win.
* Judges will provide more weight to costumes featuring sock and/or sock accessories
* Costumes must be self contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
* It’s a family costume contest. Keep it fun and PG-Rated.
It’s official: Our brick & mortar shop will be open on Mondays through the winter! Now Portland locals (and sock-savvy visitors to our fair city) can start their week on the right foot. The hours remain the same, 11am to 6pm, but now the doors are open seven days a week!
Non-locals and folks who need socks at 3am (it’s always sock shopping time somewhere!) we are of course always open online, 24 hours a day.
So far today is much like any other Sunday…
I’m editing images shot earlier in the week and will soon head over to our warehouse to help pull the first batch of orders for the day. Our store on Powell will open at 11 am just like it has nearly every day since April 1st 2008.
But today, unlike other days, when the last of the shoppers have left the building we’ll gather up all the socks & pretty things and our neighbors at the All American Moving Co will transport all of our shop furniture & boxes of socks over to Sellwood and into our new shop location.
Read more »
« | Newer Entries »